Our Site staff is always eager and determined to continue advancing our network into a professional and well established Site that provides everything possible for David’s amazing fans. We strive our limits to ensure that this spot on the Web remains the absolute best source for David’s fans to use on a daily basis. As a thank you to the thousands around the World who continue to support David Thewlis and his career, we go the extra mile to provide these exclusive resources (prizes, trips, press opportunities, rare images/films, etc.) to our wonderful visitors. Thank you for supporting David and our website, these ‘exclusives’ are our gift to you!
· Members of our network had the opportunity to meet Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint at the ‘Hand and Foot’ Ceremony at the ‘Famous Grauman’s Chinese Theatre’ in Hollywood, California (during promotion of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix).
· Staff took exclusive images of the ‘Remus Lupin Werewolf Transformation Bust’ (distributed by Gentle Giant) at ComicCon 2008 in San Diego, California.
· Staff officially became part of the Miramax team to promote The Boy in the Striped Pajamas in 2008.
· Staff attended the North American premiere of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas at the ‘Heartland Film Festival’ in Indianapolis, Indiana. We were granted exclusive photography permissions, press status, and clarified information for David regarding his role and status in the upcoming ‘Harry Potter’ films. Additionally, we are the only Site on the Web that offers the full 45-minute video-recorded Q&A session with David, John Boyne (author), and Mark Herman (director) – this footage was originally only shown during select previews of the film across the United States and cut into a fifteen minute segment.
· Staff attended a pre-screening of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas followed by David’s Q&A session with Stephen Farber in Los Angeles, California.
· Staff attended a pre-screening of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas in New York at the ‘International Children’s Film Festival’ followed by a Q&A session with cast (including David) and filmmakers.
· Staff attended a pre-screening of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas in Detroit, Michigan, to overlook the 15-minute Q&A session provided by the ‘Heartland Film Festival’.
· Staff offered fans the chance to win a signed copy of The Late Hector Kipling by David himself.
· We were granted registration access to the top five popularized stock imagery Websites to provide exclusives images of David to his fans.
· Staff officially became part of the Warner Bros. Web team to promote Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in 2009.
· Warner Bros. provided high-definition footage from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for our YouTube Community. Additionally, the company also sent us exclusive updates surrounding promotions for the film, merchandise, and promotional photographs.
· Staff was able to host and bring a few visitors of ‘The David Thewlis Network’ to an exclusive pre-screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at the ‘Famous Grauman’s Chinese Theatre’ in Hollywood, California. This was a private event for Warner Bros. employees and individuals who worked on promoting the film.
· Staff was granted VIP Press Access on behalf of Warner Bros. to a pre-screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in Detroit, Michigan.
· ‘The David Thewlis Network’ Officially becomes a part of the promotions page on ‘Harry Potter (dot) Com’ and we host our first sweepstakes to give fans a chance to win limited edition merchandise from the Harry Potter films.
· Our vistors had a chance to win a limited edition Remus Lupin mini bust from Gentle Giant, along with a piece of David’s costume from the ‘Harry Potter’ films.
· Members of our message board had the oppurtunity to submit their questions to Ken Bruen, the author of London Boulevard. Ken responded to all questions submitted by fans and additionally mailed signed copies of his novel for us to give out as competition prizes near the film’s release date.
· Staff had the opportunity to ask David Heyman, the producer of the ‘Harry Potter’ films, questions about the franchise and David’s involvement in the final two installments. Additionally, Mr. Heyman thanked us for our assistance in promoting The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and signed a copy of the DVD for our Website.
· Staff provided an exclusive audio excerpt entitled “In Memorandum” (with commentary) featuring David reading a passage from ‘Tennyson’ to William Orbit’s music.
· Staff attended the ‘Harry Potter Exhibition’ in Chicago, Illinois with exclusive VIP access and press permissions to take photographs (particularly of David’s items in the films).
· Staff clarified David’s role and filming dates for “The Wedding” scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) for press release courtesy of staff at the Chicago Exhibition.
· Director Mark Kidel personally sent us one of his films “Dreamtown” a documentary about David’s childhood home in Blackpool, England. This title became a part of our fan project “Dedicated to David” and was presented to David personally in London at the Haymarket Hotel in September of 2009.
· David and Anna Friel, signed photographs for our current dual London Boulevard competition with Anna Friel’s Official Website (thank you to Dave and Desi for making this possible).
· Staff and Site members organized a trip to London, England (twice) and had the opportunity to meet and speak with David on both occasions. Additionally, Administrator also attended a Gala after-party with David at the Haymarket Hotel.
· Staff officially became part of the Warner Bros. Web team to promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 1 in 2010.
· ‘The David Thewlis Network’ launches our second sweepstakes to give fans the chance to win limited edition movie merchandise from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 1.
· ‘The David Thewlis Network’ is listed once again on the promotions page of ‘Harry Potter (dot) Com’ for our Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 1 sweepstakes.